Installation Instructions and Recommendations
Most of our fountains are easy to set up and don’t require any installation instructions. It is usually as simple as placing the components together, filling with water and turning on the power! However, here are some simple recommendations to keep in mind…..
* A registered electrician should always be employed to install fountains requiring wiring work.
* We recommend silicone to seal the hole in the fountain bowls where the pump cable is to be run through. This should be left for 48 hours or as per the recommendations on the product packaging.
* If the water feature is outside and exposed to the elements, we recommend checking the water level regularly to ensure there is sufficient water to cover the pump completely, as often the wind and sun can drain the water surprisingly quickly.
* Always remember to check the pump is completely submerged under the water before turning on the power, otherwise the pump may burn out and you will need to replace it.
* Keep debris and leaves out of the water reservoir to keep the pump filter clean and to ensure the pump continues to work competently. This will also keep the water quality at a better standard.
* In the case of larger water features with many components, base units should be mortared in place where possible to ensure a stable and level surface on which to build the balance of the water feature.
* We recommend for any kitset items, (made up from more than 1 item) such as Birdbaths and Fountains, be secured together with a product such as “No more nails”. This will lessen the chances of damage due to outside factors – jumping cats being the usual cause for birdbath breakages!
The team at Creative Castings are always willing to help out with any problems you may encounter. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your queries.